Supporting children and elderly people in Da Nang
The volunteer program is based in the center of Da Nang, the commercial and educational center of Central Vietnam. Danang is the largest city in the region and fourth-largest city in Vietnam. It also serves as one of the most significant seaports in the central region and is situated in central Vietnam between the capital city Hanoi in the north and Ho Chi Minh City in the south.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with care and teach for around 500 disadvantaged people at the Social Support Centers and schools in Da Nang city. Here are the volunteer programs for you:
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy for disabled people: Volunteers assist with providing physiotherapy and occupational therapy to children and adults with mental and physical disabilities in the Social Support Center in Da Nang city. The volunteer will work closely with the Volunteer Vietnam physiotherapist and will learn the therapy exercises. You will spend approximately 12 hours per week in the physiotherapy program. When you are not working in the physiotherapy program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the teaching program and healthcare program.
Physiotherapy, occupational therapy for disabled people
- Care for children and elderly people: Volunteers assist with care for children and adults with mental, physical and emotional disabilities in Da Nang city. Volunteers will work with a Volunteer Vietnam team member in healthcare activities at the Social Support Center and School for Disabled Children. You will be working in the healthcare program for approximately 12 hours per week with a Volunteer Vietnam team member. When you are not working in the healthcare program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the physiotherapy program and teaching program.
Care for children and elderly people
- Teaching underprivileged children: Volunteers assist with teaching hygiene, English, arts and crafts, music and sports to the underprivileged children at two kindergarten schools in Da Nang city. During the week, volunteers and a Volunteer Vietnam team member will teach approximately 12 hours per week. This involves teaching at two kindergarten schools and teaching English classes to social workers and horticulture students at the Social Support Center. When you are not working in the teaching program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the physiotherapy program and healthcare program.
Teaching underprivileged children
The day starts at 7.30 am with breakfast at the volunteer house. At 8 am you will travel to your work place by car, driven by a Volunteer Vietnam team member. You work from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. You return to the volunteer house for lunch around 11 am. Your lunch time is from 11am to 2 pm. This time is your free time to do whatever you like. At 2 pm you will travel to your work place and finish at 4:30 pm. Dinner is served at the volunteer house at 5 pm. In the evening your time is free. Some options are going out for coffee, going downtown, or getting a massage.
The volunteer's weekly work schedule is approximately 5 hours per day from Monday to Thursday and 3 hours on Friday.
Free Time Activities
In Danang you can visit the night market to see and eat the local food, take a tour of the city or visit the surrounding local cultural sites, such as Marble Mountain, Linh Ung Pagoda, Ba Na Hills, or the beach.
For a weekend trip, visit Hoi An where you can explore this Heritage Site or Hue to see the Forbidden City.
- Arranging your Program
- Pre-departure information support and visa arrangement
- Pick up, orientation and training on arrival
- Language and culture activities
- Accommodation in a volunteer house
- 03 meals per day from Monday to Friday
- Transportation to work
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support
- Certificate of Completion
- 5% of the fee donated to the children
- Minimum age 18
- Volunteers do not need any special qualifications for this program.
- You need to speak English (basic level)
Training & Development
You will receive training on arrival (2 days).
Day 1: After your arrival, we will show you the city, give you a brief introduction about the organization, and instruct you some Vietnamese language and culture. This will help you enter into the program smoothly.
Day 2: Our staff and local teachers will train you about the work. This includes an introduction to the children and an observation session about the volunteer work.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Book your flight to arrive at Da Nang International Airport (DAD) in Da Nang city, Vietnam.
Visa requirements can vary from nationality to nationality. You will need a passport issued by your country of citizenship as well as a tourist visa* issued by the country to which you will be traveling. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the expected date of return to your home country.
Your safety and security are our priorities, travel insurance is important if something unexpected happens such as a personal injury, a flight issue or a related scenario.
Make sure you are up to date on routine vaccines before every trip. You should ideally arrange an appointment with your travel clinic at least four to six weeks before travel. In case you have pre-existing health problems, an earlier appointment is strongly recommended.
DATES & FEES
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.
The program's minimum duration is 2 weeks to as much as you wish.
REGISTER THE PROGRAM
( Please note that volunteers can choose more than one program at a time. We will arrange a combination placement for you)