Supporting children and elderly people in Vi Thanh
The volunteer program is based in the center of Vi Thanh, a provincial city and also the capital city of Hậu Giang Province in Vietnam. A new and small city that is 35 km from the Mekong Capital city Can Tho. The city is in the middle of the delta and has a beautiful landscape with rivers, canals, fruit, and flowers garden. A flat city which is good for biking and hiking with many photo opportunities.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with care and teach for around 500 disadvantaged people at the social support centers and schools in Vi Thanh city in Vietnam. Here are the volunteer programs for you:
- Physiotherapy, occupational therapy for disabled people: Volunteers assist with giving physiotherapy and occupational therapy for elderly homeless people with mental, physical and emotional disabilities in Vi Thanh city. Volunteers will work at the Social Support Center with around 50 women, accompanied by the Volunteer Vietnam physiotherapist. As well, there are two physiotherapists who work at the center who will support us. The Volunteer Vietnam physiotherapist will teach volunteers the physiotherapy methods used and will work closely with the volunteers. You will work approximately 12 hours per week in the physiotherapy program. When you are not working in the physiotherapy program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the teaching program and healthcare program.
- Care for children and elderly people: Volunteers assist with healthcare to children and adults with mental, physical and emotional disabilities in Vi Thanh city. Volunteers will work with a Volunteer Vietnam team member in healthcare activities at various times during the week at the schools, the Social Support Center and the Primary School. You will be working in the healthcare program for approximately 10 hours per week with a Volunteer Vietnam team member. When you are not working in the healthcare program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the physiotherapy program and teaching program.
- Teaching underprivileged children: Volunteers assist with teaching hygiene, English, arts and crafts, music and sports to the underprivileged children at Bui Thi Xuan primary school in Vi Thanh city. During the week, volunteers and a Volunteer Vietnam team member will teach approximately 12 hours per week. This involves teaching at two kindergarten schools and teaching English classes to social workers and horticulture students at the Social Support Center. When you are not working in the teaching program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the physiotherapy program and healthcare program.
The day starts at 7.30 am with breakfast at the volunteer house. At 8 am you will travel to your work place by car, driven by a Volunteer Vietnam team member. You work from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. You return to the volunteer house for lunch around 11 am. Your lunch time is from 11am to 2 pm. This time is your free time to do whatever you like. At 2 pm you will travel to your work place and finish at 4:30 pm. Dinner is served at the volunteer house at 5 pm. Some evenings you have free time. Some options are going out for coffee, going downtown, or getting a massage.
The volunteer's weekly work schedule is approximately 5 hours per day from Monday to Thursday and 3 hours on Friday.
Free Time Activities
Visit the delta by boat for photo opportunities and meet with local people, visiting fruit gardens or rice fields, staying in a bungalow resort in the heart of the delta and get the evening experience about the rural area. You will have the chance to enjoy local food, traditional music and learn cooking. Visit Can Tho Capital City to see floating markets, have some local fruits, walk around the city, and do some shopping.
- Arranging your Program
- Pre-departure information support and visa arrangement
- Pick up, orientation and training on arrival
- Language and culture activities
- Accommodation in a volunteer house
- 03 meals per day from Monday to Friday
- Transportation to work
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support
- Certificate of Completion
- 5% of the fee donated to the children
- Minimum age 18
- Volunteers do not need any special qualifications for this program.
- You need to speak English (basic level)
Training & Development
You will receive training on arrival (2 days).
Day 1: After your arrival, we will show you the city, give you a brief introduction about the organization, and instruct you some Vietnamese language and culture. This will help you enter into the program smoothly.
Day 2: Our staff and local teachers will train you about the work. This includes an introduction to the children and an observation session about the volunteer work.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Book your flight to arrive at Da Nang International Airport (DAD) in Da Nang city, Vietnam.
Visa requirements can vary from nationality to nationality. You will need a passport issued by your country of citizenship as well as a tourist visa* issued by the country to which you will be traveling. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the expected date of return to your home country.
Your safety and security are our priorities, travel insurance is important if something unexpected happens such as a personal injury, a flight issue or a related scenario.
Make sure you are up to date on routine vaccines before every trip. You should ideally arrange an appointment with your travel clinic at least four to six weeks before travel. In case you have pre-existing health problems, an earlier appointment is strongly recommended.
DATES & FEES
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.
The program's minimum duration is 2 weeks to as much as you wish.
Program Fees - Price in USD & (EUR)
2 Weeks - $770 (€700) *min. stay
3 Weeks - $960 (€865)
4 Weeks - $1145 (€1030)
6 Weeks - $1705 (€1535)
8 Weeks - $1805 (€1625)
10 Weeks - $2037 (€1830)
12 Weeks - $2210 (€1985)
Extra week $160 (€150)
EDUCATION KIT FOR FLOOD-HIT CHILDREN IN THE CENTRAL REGION OF VIETNAM13.11.2020The Central Vietnam has recently been battered by two subsequent storms and flooding, which have ...READMORE...