HEALTHCARE FOR DISADVANTAGED CHILDREN AND ELDERLY PEOPLE in Da Nang, Vietnam
- Meeting and working with friendly people who make you feel at home
- Gain professional knowledge and experience at volunteer work
- Contribution to the development of education for disadvantaged people
- Learn about Vietnamese language and culture
- And best of all, new friends sharing an unforgettable experience!
To care for children and adults with mental, physical and emotional disabilities in Da Nang city. Volunteers will work with a Volunteer Vietnam team member in healthcare activities at the Children’s Home, Social Support Center and School for Disabled Children. You will be working in the healthcare program for approximately 12 hours per week with a Volunteer Vietnam team member. When you are not working in the healthcare program, you will be helping out with the other programs, such as the physiotherapy program and teaching program.
The Volunteer Vietnam team is well organized and each member has experience in working with volunteers. Volunteers are given a weekly schedule of their work times and activities. Volunteers will have a meeting each day with the Volunteer Vietnam healthcare team member to discuss the activities planned for the following day.
Healthcare programs take place at 3 sites:
- Children’s Home – caring for babies, playing with toddlers and caring for disabled children
- Social Support Center – exercises and activities for the elderly, dance and yoga classes, walking with the disabled young adults, playing soccer with the residents, taking residents on an outdoor activity such as swimming, going to the park or the pagoda
- School for Disabled Children – outdoor sessions to motivate teamwork and encourage physical activity; classroom educational activities
The volunteer program is based in the center of Da Nang, the commercial and educational center of Central Vietnam. Danang is the largest city in the region and fourth-largest city in Vietnam. It also serves as one of the most significant seaports in the central region and is situated in central Vietnam between the capital city Hanoi in the north and Ho Chi Minh City in the south.
The day starts at 7.30 am with breakfast at the volunteer house. At 8 am you will travel to your work place by car, driven by a Volunteer Vietnam team member. You work from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. You return to the volunteer house for lunch around 11 am. Your lunch time is from 11am to 2 pm. This time is your free time to do whatever you like. At 2 pm you will travel to your work place and finish at 4:30 pm. Dinner is served at the volunteer house at 5 pm. In the evening your time is free. Some options are going out for coffee, going downtown, or getting a massage.
The volunteer's weekly work schedule is approximately 5 hours per day from Monday to Thursday and 3 hours on Friday.
Free Time Activities
In Danang you can visit the night market to see and eat the local food, take a tour of the city or visit the surrounding local cultural sites, such as Marble Mountain, Linh Ung Pagoda, Ba Na Hills, or the beach.
For a weekend trip, visit Hoi An where you can explore this Heritage Site or Hue to see the Forbidden City.
- Arranging your Program
- Pre-departure information support and visa arrangement
- Pick up, orientation and training on arrival
- Language and culture activities
- Accommodation in a volunteer house
- 03 meals per day from Monday to Friday
- Transportation to work
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support
- Certificate of Completion
- 5% of the fee donated to the children
- Minimum age 18
- Volunteers do not need any special qualifications for this program.
- You need to speak English (basic level)
Training & Development
You will receive training on arrival (2 days).
Day 1: After your arrival, we will show you the city, give you a brief introduction about the organization, and instruct you some Vietnamese language and culture. This will help you enter into the program smoothly.
Day 2: Our staff and local teachers will train you about the work. This includes an introduction to the children and an observation session about the volunteer work.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Book your flight to arrive at Da Nang International Airport (DAD) in Da Nang city, Vietnam.
Visa requirements can vary from nationality to nationality. You will need a passport issued by your country of citizenship as well as a tourist visa* issued by the country to which you will be traveling. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the expected date of return to your home country.
Your safety and security are our priorities, travel insurance is important if something unexpected happens such as a personal injury, a flight issue or a related scenario.
Make sure you are up to date on routine vaccines before every trip. You should ideally arrange an appointment with your travel clinic at least four to six weeks before travel. In case you have pre-existing health problems, an earlier appointment is strongly recommended.
DATES & FEES
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.
The program's minimum duration is 2 weeks to as much as you wish.
Program Fees - Price in USD & (EUR)
2 Weeks - $770 (€700) *min. stay
3 Weeks - $960 (€865)
4 Weeks - $1145 (€1030)
6 Weeks - $1705 (€1535)
8 Weeks - $1805 (€1625)
10 Weeks - $2037 (€1830)
12 Weeks - $2210 (€1985)
Extra week $160 (€150)
EDUCATION KIT FOR FLOOD-HIT CHILDREN IN THE CENTRAL REGION OF VIETNAM13.11.2020The Central Vietnam has recently been battered by two subsequent storms and flooding, which have ...READMORE...